Tuesday, January 5, 2010

LIFE is GOOD.

I was feeling a bit tired, I was feeling a bit blue. With the rush of the holidays and having my place filled with noise, talk, love and people was such a pleasure. But then it all came to an end. The mess was cleaned, the tree and lights packed away, the silence set in when everyone left. I was all of sudden back to life solo. Something that I am always okay with and in all honestly...LOVE. but it still takes some time to adjust to life back to the norm.

When I awoke this morning I had a new year gift. 11 inches of fresh snow. I had no time to feel sorry for myself, to feel tired or ever a bit of blue. I found myself jumping out of bed with excitement...I couldn't get to the slopes fast enough. As I took the chair up I realized the gift of this day is and was to me. I am positive the Snow Gods blanketed the slopes of the Fish just for me...For I had no other room than for excitement and happiness. I had no other thoughts that skiing all day long....and thats just what I did. So now I sit in my mountain hide away...clean and organized just the way I like it. And after a long fun day on the slopes I realize the pure joy I find in the silence...It won't be long til I start zzzz'ing on the couch. For it was a day lived well and full of fun. A day filled with simple moments filled with peace. LIFE IS GOOD.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm proud of you. But be safe. I love you Rita.

Ps- I'll need some camera tips!

The Petrie Family said...

Life IS good Michelle! Your day sounded PERFECT! Miss you! ~Jamie