Monday, January 4, 2010

2010

Its a New Year. A new 365 days that now await to be lived. As I sit here and type I am unaware of what 2010 will hold for me. I don't know of its happiness and sorrow or if its lessons and growth. Change has never been something easy in this life, yet I hope to embrace whatever life changes come my way. I hope to see the goodness in life's darkness. I hope to laugh triple the times I cry. I hope that my mess ups, mistakes and failures force to me grow and to become more and not less. I hope that my words and actions are kind to those who surround me. I hope that I bring joy and pride into the lives that I know not hurt and shame. I hope that the regrets that I carry lighten as I make my way thru this journey of life--but yet never to the point that I don't remember. I hope I can forgive those who hurt me or let me down in the same breath I hope that I am granted forgiveness from those that I hurt and let down. I hope I am blessed with friendship from old and new friends. I hope that I am given the gift of living another 365 days. I hope that 2010 will be even better than 2009. I hope I find the gifts and blessings in each day of this year. I hope that this year I will settle more into myself. Be more confident, more understanding, more kind, more giving. I hope I become more of the person I am meant to be with each day. And more than anything I hope to improve the quality of life in each person that shares this life with me. I hope that my imprint in their life is one worth holding onto and then I hope that -that person pays it forward to someone else. I hope this world becomes a bit more because of the lives that show understanding, kindness, love and hope.

2009 is over, and what has been done has been done, what has been said has been said. There's no changing or taking back. But what is given to us is a new start, a new day, a new year. How we spend it is up to Me, to You...to All. Thou actions can't have a redo nor can the words we spoke be cleared. But maybe just maybe what we have learned from such moments can help us to grow. And maybe just maybe help us find a way to right a wrong. I sit at the edge of my chair with excitement of what a new year will hold. I am excited to embrace all that comes to my life in this new year. And I hope that somewhere you are too. I don't make a new year's resolution. Because mostly they never last past March. What I do make is a promise to myself that this year will top last years. That I will laugh triple the times I cry. That I will find ways to better myself and esp the lives that surround me. That I will grow and become more from my mess ups, mistakes and failures. That I will improve the quatlity of life of those around me. That I embrace the changes life brings to me. That the changes are ones that help me grow and become. That I am granted the 365 days of 2010 to live...and to live those days well.

No comments: