Friday, January 8, 2010

Making my own Tracks.

"Nobody needs to prove to anybody what they're worthy of, just the person that they look in the mirror. That's the only person you need to answer to."

How often do we get caught up in a world of proving ourselves to others. How often do we feel we need to do this or that because thats what everyone else is doing. How often do we compare ourselves to someone else and base success-love and happiness from that. How often do we live a life that we are truly unhappy living but yet carry on just the same because thats what everyone else seems to be doing. We are in relationships that really aren't healthy. We are working jobs we hate to wake up each morning to go to. We are buyin houses-cars and clothes we can't efford. We are living for the weekends-or for the two week vacations. We are spending a huge amount of our time in this life living to make other happy. We are basing our life's worth through someone else's eyes...

I use to be one of these people. Well a long long time ago. But then I woke up and realized WHY... Whats the point. Why let someone else decide what makes me happy. Why let someone else tell me when my life is worthy. I know at times living such a life is hard. I am a single young woman. I have only me to provide for. So if I am unhappy with something in my life- the power lies in my hands and I can change it. I can take a pay cut or a move across the nation, because right now I have no one to really take under consideration with the choices I make and chose. Its very easy for me to face that person in the mirror and make the changes in my life if I find that I am unhappy in a job or just in life in general. I know it will be much different someday- but yet I hope I never face a moment where I find myself unhappy and don't take the power in my own hands to make the changes that need to be made. I hope I am never a passanger - I hope I never give up the driver's seat in MY JOURNEY in this LIFE.

I never want to follow. I never want to conform. I never want to base my life's worth by a checklist. I never want to live my life for someone else. I never want to live my life to someone else's standards and ideas of how this life should be lived. One of my favorite things to do in this life is skiing. And nothing is better than a powder day! Of hitting the slopes and being the first one to ski down and make the tracks. Its an amazing feeling cutting tracks for the first time in the freshly fallen snow. The sound the snow makes as you slice through it is one of my favorite sounds. Its such a libarating feeling to make your own tracks and leaving your mark on the mountain for others to see that someone was here. Someone started the path. Someone didn't follow the tracks laid by others...Someone decided to be the leader and not the follower. Someone wanted to do things a bit differently. Someone took a chance... HECK why does that just have to apply in skiing tracks?? Its also life tracks... And I hope I am always someone who is making my own tracks in this journey of life....

"I'm not following anybody's tracks, I'm making my own baby." -Picabo Street

No comments: