Thursday, January 7, 2010

Mady Kay

Today my godchild and cousin Madysen Kay turns 13. OH jeez... she's a teenager!!! Where did the time go? I remember being called out of class when I was a sophmore in high school to be told of her birth. I remember driving in a blizzard with my family down to Bismarck to see her for the first time. I remember her first outing was to Flasher, ND (again in a blizzard) to watch me play volleyball. It was also the first time I got to hold her...and after that...I was hooked.

She's our little Chuckie (as what my brother would call her) because of her redish hair and devilish ways as a child. She would out last us ALL at nite and roam the house. She would make us laugh. And still does. I remember giving her - her first piece of gum and since then I don't think I have seen her without a stick chewing gum in her mouth. She is no longer the baby or even the little girl of the fmaily. She has grown into a young teen. Who LOVES the Sioux and the Pittsburgh Penguins. She is a girl who found out just recently she loves to ski and loves Whitefish (almost as much as I do). She's not as talkative as she once was...and when asked what she is doing she usually says nothing...but she's getting better. She is growing more confident and more comfortable in the person who is. Her journey to now has been a blast to witness and I can't wait to watch her grow more and more into the person she is meant to be.

If you ask me, I think she's a rockstar. And I am so proud to be her godmother and cousin. HAPPY 13th BIRTHDAY MADYSEN KAY!!!! your present is on its way...and I hope you like it! Love you...Leech.

1 comment:

Los Askays said...

I'm glad that Madysen was given the Chuckie nickname instead of me! Don't be hating on redheads. :) Miss ya Michelle!