Thursday, March 11, 2010

Missin AUS

Every once in awhile I will be caught up in a moment. A certain song comes on that sparks a memory. Someone will walk by that reminds me of laugh we shared. Or I hear a joke I want to share with you. I will be meeting someone new and hear their accent and wish it was you instead of them, talking to me. I will recall what seems like a lifetime of memories made in such a short amount of months. I will find myself closing my eyes and wishing that when I open them they would all be in the room.

Oh how I wish to hit the dance floor - sit on a beach down the road - go thru the beer drive thru for a cold pure blonde - to have a laugh... To just be in my aussie mates company.

Its been almost 3 years since I left the land downunder. 3 years since I saw the faces that changed my entire life. 3 years where I meet the mates that would help me find my true self who would help me learn- grow and become this woman I was meant to be (and I am positive I was only able to find her and be her because of these gals). It was a time that I hold tightly too. Its a time that meant the world to me but I hardly speak of to those around me now. Part because it was just me that was there so how could they ever truly get it...but mainly because it was a time that meant so much to me and I found out so much about myself there that I feel its just for me.

I share so much of my life but australia I tend to keep that one to me- only speaking of its memories from time to time or with a simple reference to or a story here and there... Because sometimes places things and people change us so profoundly and have such a deep impact on us it leaves us with NO WORDS... The mates I met and still am in touch with to this day well they know- I talk to them about this and that and they get it miles and miles away. They saw the change they made in my life. They saw the growth while it was happening. And I am so grateful it was downunder and with these mates that I finally found the person I was meant to be... Who would have thought my being was just hanging out 30miles from Melbroune... But there she was.

I don't miss a lot of places and people. And I certainly don't say I miss you unless I surely and truly do! I miss Australia. I miss Alice. I miss Alex. I miss Talita. I miss Binksy. I miss Michaela. I miss Tegs. I miss Coops. I miss EZ. I miss Loz. I miss Jayne and Jan. I miss the Hammonds. I miss my mates. I miss the feeling I got from just being surround by these amazing people.

I am still afraid that if no no when I return I will never want to leave prolli why my parents aren't too highly on my visiting anytime soon ;)... But I promise... I vow... I will be back!!! Til then THANK YOU!! To Aus and to my mates... Who helped me not only find myself but helped me grow into myself. What you all brought into my life... Well there's just not words to say... and thank you doesn't begin to cover it! However know this!!! 3 years later and there's still not a day where I have found myself not thinking of aus or you in some way... Sometimes in small ways others in big ways! And oh how blessed I always feel to have those memories those thoughts those moments!!!

No comments: