Tuesday, March 2, 2010

2 Prince Charmings

He's 91 today. Can you just imagine the things his eyes has seen? Can you begin to understand the changes this life has been to him? He lived thru and served in the World Wars. He lived thru the Great Depression-the Dirty 30's and Black Friday. He knows the true meaning of enduring. Of carrying on. Of sacrfice. Of giving so his family could have. Of love. He is a man that I have never heard raise his voice in anger. A man that only put a gentle loving hand on me. A man that always takes the time to let me know I mattered. That he is proud that I am his grand daughter. He is a man that carries his heart on his sleeve with love and pride for his family. He is a man still in love with my grandmother even thou she is no longer with us... I know she still carrys his heart with her. He is a man you swear has a smile that truly covers and lights up his whole face when he sees you. A man that will have tears in his eyes when he says I love you... Because he soo very means those words. He is a man that is soo grateful to simply be here...NOW. A man that inspires me everyday to just live in the moment. Life is so simple in his eyes. He has always been just happy to be as far back as I can remember. I know part of my free spirit and most of my simple ways of living comes from him.

He is a man that doesn't talk his example. He simple lives which provides us with the lessons in this life in more detail than words could ever describe. He is a man I am grateful and honored to call Gramps.

We all know that little girls give their hearts and love to their dads. Well I was that girl too but I remember dancing with my grandfather when I was dressed in a pink flowergirl dress...and I remembering thinking I had two price charmings in my life. For Gramps has always had just as much as my heart as my father has...and the truth is he always will. I love you, Gramps.

So thank you gramps for all the movie nights and popcorn (and even letting me add a bit more butter and salt than I was suppose to have) for all the games and playing in your backyard and basement. For all the rides in the blue van and station wagon (where I always got to sit on the arm rest just next to you) for all the candy and gum that was suppose go in the quarter machines. For teaching and showing me how to feed the birds. For all the games you took in. For all the things you have done big or small...they were always filled with your love. And they always made me feel so special to just be...your grand daughter and most of all to just be me!

Happy Birthday Gramps!

No comments: