Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Too Much

Every once in awhile I will get wrapped up in life. I find myself short of breath when I think of the future that lies before me. The choices I have to make the places I want to go the people I want to see the things I want to do. And suddenly I feel like there's not enough time. Suddenly I find myself rattled with the fact that I can't do it all. Which drives me nuts. Life can be overwhelming can't it... And this is coming from a single gal living life in the mountains so I can't even imagine what its like to be someone who is a mother of three or a business woman working 60 hour weeks. Or in that case a college student a high school student. It seems like life's pressures escape no one. Matter what age what they are doing or where they are at. Even the simplest of people find themselves with such moments in their lives.

So what do we do... When life gets to be too much. When we find ourselves stressed. When we are surrounded by chaos. When we are overwelmed and simply don't know what to do... I had someone ask me what to do to handle stress. And the truth is there really isn't a how to guide that is perfect. The truth is we each have to handle life's pressures in our own way.

But what I do is take a deep breath. I inhale and exhale and just focus on my breathing. And I remind myself I can handle this. I was given this life because I am capable and strong enough to live it. That even though I feel lost or over my head I was given this to rise above. To learn and grow. And I think back to all those moments where I thought I never would overcome. Never succeed. Never finish... And remember that I did!

But what I find we all need is an escape. A positive healthy escape in this life. Some bake or cook. Some fish or hunt. Some read or sew. Some garden or build. Some play or workout. Some its found in the company of the ones they love. It could be one single thing we do or a 1000 little things. It doesn't matter. Its just a place stress worries pressures and racing thoughts don't follow us. For me its found when I am surrounded by nature. Its found when its just me and my nikon...alone. Prolli why I always venture off by myself. I have my time with others and love it but sometimes my escape is taking in the beauty of nature in silence.

We all have to recharge the batteries. We all just have to stop thinking sometimes and that's what having an escape is all about. For I have learned that sometimes the answers to our problems are solved by simply removing ourselves away from it...most of the time we just well think too much. Stress too much. Worry too much! We are simply doing too much of the wrong thing!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

AMen Sista!