Thursday, August 22, 2013

New Beginnings - Changes on the Horizon

After leaving my soul's home in Big Sky country and traveling the 20 hours to my old but new home of Fargo, ND - I have been surfing real estate and going on home tour after home tour. Until a few weeks ago when I stumbled upon a bungalow located in the neighborhood I use to dream about living in if I ever stay in my college town. I fell in love with its old charm and detail - not too big not too small of a place - granted the bedrooms may require me to get creative or downsize. The front porch with its view of the perfect street lined with the huge mature trees that just puts a smile on my face - I am sure come fall I will curse those very trees when I have endless raking. My favorite thing about my neighborhood is the fact that each house is old - different and completely redone to simply make each house on the block a home. I have no trouble picturing what I can do to make her as in my house sparkle & shine and bring back to life. After much thought I realized I have a conncetion with this gem of a place and decided I should try to make her mine... So I put in an offer a few weeks ago and the offer was accepted. Now the packing has begun - and as hard as it was to pack all my belongings up in Montana I am finding I have no troubles at all leaving my current townhome, that place never was me to start with too much the same and not enough of being different. I realize that becoming a homeowner is a big step and even more of a bigger step when its just you getting into it. But its a new beginning and a new chagne that I am welcoming with open arms. A place that I can put my hardwork sweat tears elbow grease and cash into. A place I can lose myself into fixing this doing that planning a to do list and saving for that list. A place where I will find myself taking pride in keeping my yard looking nice - where my weekend mornings will be filled with raking mowing shoveling and my afternoons sitting on the porch and enjoying being outdoors. I know the changes this place will hold - and I am awaiting on a certain arrival that will be coming late this fall - winter that will occupy my time and be my very personal source of joy and pride. I may not stay forever in this perfect place of mine but during my time here it will be just that - mine. I look forward to what lies ahead of me as a homeowner and the changes that it will make in my life. New beginninges are often kind of scary because of the fact you have no idea what is to come...well I will just figure it out as I go and the rest will fall into place.

1 comment:

The Petrie Family said...

Congrats on your new home Michelle! I'm so excited for this new adventure for you! Please send me pics of your new home!!!