Monday, December 28, 2009

live in the moment

Tonite I had this simple everday gift of spending time with mother nature. As I walked Kobe (my family's black lab) I almost just wanted time to stop. The moment was almost surreal. The moon lite up the frosted pines in a shade of white that almost looked silver. The snow looked as if it were sprinkled on the land like you would if you were baking cookies. The sky dark as it was black made the stars seems like they were stick on sticks from the pages of scrapebooks postioned just here and there and over there. There was not even a light breeze. It was utter peace. Pure nature silence. The only sound that could be heard was that of the snow crunching under my shoes and of a dog exploring the mountains of Montana.

This moment which is now a memory costed me nothing but a few moments of my day and a few cold fingers and toes. I only had to venture just beyond my door step and I was there. And I realized in that more the blessing it was for me to have it. I realized the gift I had been given. And I hope that I never take such moments for granted. Beauty surrounds me with every turn of my head--- I just have to be willing to venture out and live in the moment.

No comments: