Monday, September 21, 2009

Give and Take

Maybe its because its Monday, maybe its because the rain is coming down, maybe its because I got swamped at work, maybe its because what I read or is it don't read on facebook. I am guessing since I love Mondays, rain and being busy it must be the last.

Do you ever try with people, or is it you always find yourself trying with some people and well you find that you are the only one covering ground or you have found yourself walking down a one way street instead of a two way. I realize that we have no control over others, and only can control our actions, thoughts and words. I don't mind walking alone or pulling most of the weight when it comes to some of the relationships I have in my life. But there are days where I just have enough. I find myself tired. And wondering why do I even care. I wish I didn't. I wish I could put the same amount of effort or caring as some people do. Because maybe I wouldn't feel so let down right now. I don't need to be showered with attention or flattered with love and words. Just not being ingored would do. Just meeting someone half way would be great.

Like everyone else in this life I take things for granted and people for granted at times. I try as hard as I can not to, esp on purpose. I know life = busy. Yet in the same breath if I can find the time or make the time I feel like others should as well... If its important or it means greatly to you ... you always find the time or make the time. Maybe my down fall is that I make the time and find the time for people who aren't willing to do just that... Its the people who never budge, who I have issues with... not the ones that do it from time to time... because I am just as guilty of that once in awhile.

So don't ingore someone, don't make someone always walk a one way street, don't aspect them to always carry the load. Don't take someone for granted. For one day that person who you always thought would be there, won't be. All relationships require give and take...it doesn't matter if its a love relationship, a friendship...its all relationships you have. So take a breath and think.... as I need to as well... Am I giving ... Am I taking... Or Am I doing both equally...

No comments: