Friday, September 18, 2009

MaDy KaY

I took in a special game tonite... A game that didn't charge at the door- nor was there a sightin of a famous star. For she's even bigger than that. I watched my cousin and godchild Madysen Kay hit the volleyball court. I couldn't believe it because it was almost 13 years ago that Mady came to my volleyball game...it was the first time I got to hold her. (Seeing her the day she was born but not being able to hold her sucked- due to a health problem.) I couldn't believe that my Mady is in junior high and now playing volleyball.

She's pretty quiet these days. Like a typical teen she's worried about all sorts of things... Doesn't want to make a mistake... What she doesn't know is just how special she is. Just what a rockstar she is. Just how great she is!!! With time and growth she will become someone she is comfortable being and confident in being... Right now she's just testing the waters. I know this life will take her on one heck of a journey. It will be filled with ups and downs twists and turns. I don't know what will be for her... But I do know it will be a life that will lead her to all the people and places she's meant to be and have in her life. It will lead her to the lessons and growth she needs to help her become just who she's meant too be!

Almost 13 years....its been a quite a ride already. For her and for me... Me learning she is no longer the baby or just a kid...but now a teenager. Her learning all about life. I hope she knows its okay not to fit in. Because she fits in where it counts the most... With her family. I hope she knows she has all the strength she needs to succeed. I hope she knows she is perfect just the way that she is and will be. I hope she knows just how special, just how smart, just how beautiful, just how great she is! And above all I hope she knows just how proud I am of her...and just how loved she is by me and her family.

I can't wait to watch you grow and become! For I know much greatness will be in store for you and for us to see as you make you way thru this life! And one more thing you will always be Mady Kay no matter how old you grow to be. You will always be just as special to me as you were the very first time I saw you... And the very first time I held you... I am proud of you, Madysen Kay... Now and always!!!

No comments: