Saturday, December 26, 2009

ONLY I

They say the world is what you make of it, and to me that first all starts with what you make of yourself...who you are-what you stand for-what you live for and how you see the world & handle what this life brings to you. This life to me is about learning, growing, changing, letting go, and embracing. Its about facing the darkness and sorrow that life holds with the same grace, pride and strength we do when we embrace the happiness and sunshine of our brightest days. Its about what our name truly stands for - words like compassionate, understanding, kind, patient...these are things I strive everyday to make darn sure that someday my name will stand for such things. This world can be so messy, but in the same breathe so utterly amazing. For I have found that even in my lowest of lows I have so many gifts and blessings that surround me - ONLY if I CHOOSE to see. ONLY if I CHOOSE to embrace. ONLY if I CHOOSE to see the Glass of Life HALF FULL and not half empty. ONLY if I CHOOSE to have an open heart and mind. ONLY if I CHOOSE to let go. ONLY if I CHOOSE to forgive. ONLY if I CHOOSE forgiveness over bitterness. ONLY if I CHOOSE love over hate. ONLY if I CHOOSE to see good over the wrong. ONLY if I...ONLY if I... I hold the power over my good days and my bad days. I hold the fate of the Life I will lead and live. I hold the power of what my name will stand for by the choices I make, the words I speak, and the actions I compose. This life may be filled with darkness as much as it is filled with happiness, yet its ONLY I who control how I will be affected by such events. Its thats simple...

The world is what YOU make of it. And it all starts with what you make of YOURSELF.... So today I strive to face whatever life brings to me with strength, pride and grace. I strive to find laughter in all moments of this life esp in the midst of tears. I strive to find reasons everyday to LOVEthisLIFE. I strive to smile til my face is covered with wrinkles. I strive to love until my heart bursts. I strive to show understanding, kindness, patience, and compassion to all. I strive to live in such a way that one day my name won't just known, but worth remembering. That my name won't be just a name but will stand for something...And ONLY I hold the tools to do such things and live life in such a way. And ONLY YOU...have the power in your life.

No comments: