Sunday, December 14, 2008

Holidays are almost here.

It won't be long until I head to North Dakota and find myself surrounded by my wild crazy family.. I will find myself eating and drinking way too much.. I will see old friends back in Beulah for the holidays well we bond and reconnect at the local watering hole aka the Nite Owl...but this holiday season will be different and rememberable because of two punks that will be joining me...I am not quite sure what they will think of North Dakota esp since its covered in snow..flat as a pancake and oh oh so windy and cold.. Life is different in Dakota but oh so worth experiencing. I look forward to seein their faces when I take them to the bars of Beulah and they can meet all those I have known forever...the best part is I know that all my beulah buds will soak up the aussies and prolli end up tradin me in for them...they will be the talk of the town how can they not be!!

My mom is spendin the day cooking and baking and then hiding it all from my father for the girls. My father will prolli be sick by days end by all the stuff he is inhalin. I am sure my father will pull out his Goldmann charm and the girls will just spend the entire time laughin at his jokes and stories...he is a strange man but I love him. I figure I will spend most of this holiday season shakin my head and sayin please don't tell them that stories...because that's what my family loves to do...tell michelle stories...and laugh-laugh-laugh...I guess I do random crazy stupid things. And I know that's the role I bring to my family...the comic releif...the loud out of control crazy girl. I realize that I am completely different when you look at me and my family...but that's prolli what bonds us close together because of the fact they still claim me and love me and even miss me when I am not around. I know I am a lucky gal to be a part of the Koch-Goldmann family.

My favorite part of the holiday season happens when I sort of disappear...I love to stand back and take in my surroundings when I am with my family...I love watchin their smiles and hearin their laughter...I look forward every year to paint a memory of all of them so when I am on the mountain I realize how lucky I am to have such amazing people in my life you just love me...unconditionally and never ending...even when I fail, disappoint and mess up they still see more in me than I sometimes give. And well that's the best gift I will ever have. So of course I will let them tell stupid stories and say below the belt comments from time to time...because I know that it comes straight from the heart...they are the best of me and prolli always will be.

So here is to the holiday season and being around those who care for us and love us! And seein old friends!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

If your travels take you to MPLS be sure to stop by the Niezwaag's. We love and miss you. :)