Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Jilly Jelly

From the moment I met her...I knew she was a rare...she was different...she was special...she's the only athlete I have had thus far to give a special name to...its not something I do...I don't play favorites...but with her its different...its just something about her that I can't fully explain...all I know is she is full of life....she has a zest for life like I have never seen before. Her smile could light up a whole room...she isn't afraid to be goofy...or look like a dork...she loves to smile-laugh-sing and oh yes dance. You can tell she loves her friends and family by the smile that forms across her face when she is with them or talks about them. I have known this punk for a long time...and what I thought of her...how I saw her way back when...well I was smack on...yet she is even more now...the person she has grown into is one amazing young woman.

She's a college girl now... off finding herself... learning about herself... growing into herself...and becoming herself... she's making mistakes-making memories... she's laughing and crying... dreaming... working... prolly causing some trouble and reaching for those dreams. She isn't perfect nor is she trying to be...she's just being her...fully and completely... and hopefully she knows that's all she needs to me. I hope she realizes the gift she is to this world and the greatness that lies in her soul...I hope she knows she isn't like everyone else.... she comes from a special breed...cut from a special cloth...for she is a person you turn to and find yourself inspired by how they live... how they give... how they love... how they care...how they treat others... how they make others laugh and smile. She's the person I know others turn to when they are having a bad day...I know she will make them feel special in her gentle loving Jill way... She has a gift to brighten the lives of others.... She makes you feel comfortable as well just being who you are is enough. She is a true liver of life...a gal who lives with passion and compassion...a gal who prolly is a lot like me when it comes to the darkness that life can be...but her inner strength is something that I feel not even she has realized just how strong it is....she a beautiful girl but what lies on the outside is nothing compared to what lies inside...her inner beauty is glowing...is breath taking....trust me when I say there aren't too many souls like hers...I know great things lie in her journey...I know much greatness will happen in her life...I could tell that from the moment I met her...just a girl growing into herself with a big smile...even then I could feel the life pour out of her...you know the life I am talkin about...the true true kind....she's sunshine in the best form.

For she is a person once you meet you are left speechless...you know you are in the presence of something amazing...you know this person is different in the best way....and you say to yourself...I better keep this girl in my watch (a thought I had in her jr. high days)...for the things she will do are going to be something to truly watch....Jilly Jelly...turns out....I have be right...and the best part is...she's just getting started...I am proud of you Jill Utter...my Jilly Jelly.

No comments: