Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Shar's 4th Birthday

 Four years ago today I got off a place returning from Las Vegas and headed straight to downtown to meet the newly born nelwy named Sharlotte Marie Koch. She was something special from the moment I first held her in my arms. I couldn't help but smile looking at her and be filled with excitement of the joy laughter and happiness she would bring. I was proud just having that moment - being apart of such a moment with her mom dad and sisters. What came next blew me away - as I held her in my arms I was asked to be Shar's godmother. I was humbled honored and left speechless. With prolly the biggest smile that has ever formed across my face in my adult life I said yes.
 We have had quite the bond Shar and I. In her early years of learning how to talk she called me Moo-How. The name just stuck after that but today i am thankful to say the big girl that she is can now say Michelle. Its been a true joy watching her grow - sharing in her milestones - teaching her things that I only could - laughing with her - cuddling with her - spending time with her whether she was a newborn toddler or little girl its always been a joy and a time filled with laughter smiles and happiness.
 Today she's all about Disney Princesses - growing her hair out as long as Ariel with hopes to dye it red just like her - a girl can dream right. She is quite the talker and the things she says and does leave me with a smirk. She has mastered the art of getting me to say yes to whatever her request is and I often find myself playing things like dolls and barbies or letting her draw all over my body with markers when she plays tattoo artist.
 I can only imagine what the years will hold for her. For its only been four years and so much has been jammed packed into those four years - her life is off to quite the start. I admire the way she can be so sweet and kind to others - giving hugs and saying thank you. I love how easy it is for her to get people to laugh and smile around her - a trait I can only hope will grow with each passing day. I love how tough she is - how strong she is - a tomboy one minute then running a round in a dress the next. She can go from sports to all pink and princesses. One thing for sure is that I am beginning to think she will have the best of both worlds being all girl and kick butt in sports.
 Whatever her future holds whatever she decides to do I will always be there to support and encourage her to give it her very best and to hopefully lead by example that being you is always enough. She has made me proud. Funny how I was choosen to be her godmother to be a role model and have her learn from me. Because the truth is its her that I am learning from.I am more because I have this little bouncy highly active strong will four year old in my life.
Happy 4th Birthday to my monkey, Sharlotte. I love you to the moon and back. And know that whether you are 4 14 24 44 64 I will always be here for you.

No comments: