Saturday, January 8, 2011

Baby DJ

"He passed thru so quickly... just long enough to make me love him. We had only touched the surface - and yet, he is in my depths forever."

I am sad to hear of the early birth and then the passing of David James "DJ" Meyer. Born in the early hours of Jan 7th to my friend Jackie and Mark Meyer. We will never know of the life this little soul would have had, but we still loved you so. We hope the angels lead you into paradise, and we pray you know just how much your parents love you. To their unspeakable loss, we pray for their strength and love. Life will never be the same without you in their lives. But I know with grace and faith they will carry on. Rest well baby Meyer... we will see you soon someday.

To: Jackie... there are no words. So instead I share with you a few quotes that will hopefully bridge the distance between us and let you know I love you and I am thinking and praying for you and Mark. And above all know that I am here, always for you.

"I longed to lift the burden of your sorrow and yet I knew it was yours to carry. And so I walk next to you. Side by side. I rest when you rest. Cry when you cry and love you more with each step of the road."

"thrown in a different direction overwhelmed and grieving she covered her face. One by one they came and held her. Encouraged her and gave her hope. Uncovering her face and leaning on their arms she walked her path."

"She just didn't survive, she became."

"Too beautiful for this earth."

"Its your tears that run down your face, and yet I taste their salt. It is your hand that wipes your cheek and yet I feel the softness of your skin. When you turn to face your world you never leave me. You are part of me. I am with you."

"In darkness there is light. In light there is love. In love there is peace."

"Holding you close, my heart whispered to yours, 'I will helpe you thru this, I am with you, you are not alone'."

"I walked thru hell and burned my soul... ashes falling form my hands... part of me lost forever. Grieving. I found the others. Burnt and charred like me. Holding on to each other I knew--- even hell had a silver lining."

"She built her cathedral from the splinters of her shattering."

I heart you, friend. And praying for your strength and grace. I am here, I am always here for you.

No comments: