Wednesday, January 5, 2011

F**king Perfect.

Every once in awhile a song is played and that song becomes my theme song for the year. In the past it's been such songs like Sugarland's Settlin' and Jewel's Stronger Woman. This year's winner belong's to my favorite female bad *ss P!NK. (in advance I say sorry for the foul language...but sometimes its just a must to get a point across - SORRY MOM). When I pick a song as a theme to life it usually is a song that brings inspiration and strength that it's okay if life's not perfect. It's okay if you have messed up or failed. It's ok if your life isn't how you thought it would be or what you dreamed it to be... It's a battle cry saying most of the time that being you is just enough and your life is perfect because its your life. We all need those reminders in life, to help us let go of the dreams of life we had and live the reality of the life that is set before us. So in the words of P!NK.

"Made a wrong turn - once or twice. Dug my way out - blood and fire. Bad decisions - that's alright. Welcome to my silly life. Mistreated this place. Misunderstood - miss knowin' it's all good. It didn't slow me down. Mistakin' - always second guessin' - Understimatin' - look I'm still around. Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than... f**kin' perfect. Pretty pretty please if you ever ever feel...like you're nothin' you're f**kin' perfect to me.

You're so mean - when you talk, about yourself, you were wrong. Change the voices in your head, make them like you instead. So complicated - look how we all make it. Filled with so much hatred - such a tired game. It's enough. I've done all I can think of. Chased down all my demons. I've seen you do the same. Pretty pretty please... don't ever ever feel... like you're less than f**kin' perfect.... Pretty pretty please if you ever ever feel like you're nothin' - you're f**kin' perfect to me.

The whole worlds scared. So I swallow the fear. The only thing I should be drinking is an ice cold beer. So cool in line. And we try try try. And it's a waste of my time. Done looking for the critics. Cause they're everywhere. They don't like my jeans. They don't get my heair. Strange ourselves. And we do it all the time. Why do we do that? Why do we do that? Pretty pretty please... don't ever ever feel like you're less than f**kin' perfect... Pretty pretty please
if you ever ever feel. like your nothin'... you're f**kin' perfect to me."

So live your life. Messy or clean. You fail or fall down screw it get back up - live and learn. No one is keeping score. Having a storybook life is well boring if you ask me. Life is an adventure. It's a ride that should make us hold on for dear life - finding us scared to death one moment and screaming from the top of our lungs letting go and enjoying the ride. We have to have the twists and turns. We have to have the peaks and the valleys. We have to have the days where we find ourselves soaring in the bright blue sky of our successes as well as feeling we are being tossed by the waves of life and thrown against the rocks of our failures. Life is an endless game of give and take. All we can do is be the best we can be. And no matter what live this life. Why not find reasons everyday to LOVEthisLIFE... If its a crappy ride at the moment whats there really to lose and if its a grand ride at the moment well you can only gain more. Here's to the F**king Perfect lives we live... even if we don't think they are. I am singing (prolli a bit off key)for you to hear... "Pretty pretty please... Don't you ever ever feel like you're less than - f**kin' perfect... Pretty pretty please... if you ever ever feel like you're nothin' ... You're f**kng perfect to me!"

No comments: