Friday, January 7, 2011

Facing Life

"Every question life could throw at her swam in her head. She had answers to nothing - and she was lost. All she had was what was inside of her. She knew that was enough if she could just let go and trust that. If she could just let go and trust herself. Lifting one finger at a time she began to loosen her grip. She began to let go." -Terri St. Cloud

I picked up a new book, by one of my favorite authors. As I read I found inspiration and encouragement. And I found myself breathing a sligh of relief. I am not the only one who has more questions than answers. I am not the only one wondering about trying to find my meaning. my purpose. my journey. I am not the only one that is beginning to realize that not having the answers is okay... and well sometimes just better not to have the answers. I am not the only one finding out that just being me is the start to finding myself. The real - me. Its the start of finding the real meaning of life. Its the start of real living. Its the start of fully knowing that I matter. This life is a journey. That simple. Its a journey. And becoming is an endless quest of growing and learning. For its not like we just reach a point and bang we have fully become. And in all honest what a boring life from that point on if that was the case. Our lives should be constantly evolving. We should be learning and growing thru failures, struggles, challenges and changes. In order to reach the great heights of your soul you have to take great risks. You must failure in order to succeed. You must be lost in order to be found. You must struggle in order to overcome. You must cry in order to laugh. And you must walk in the darkness to fully appreciate the light. We have no real control over this journey. We have no idea where it will lead. Nor the good or the bad things that happen during this life. What we do have control over is the attitude we choose to live by. How we face those moments in life is what we do have control of. So you have a choice to search for the silver lining in life or you can just get soaked. What I know for sure is that how you handle such times places a big part in how you grow and become. My life's goal is to grow and to become in every breath I take - in every second I live this life. I may not know where it will all lead but I do know it will fulfill my soul to live life in such a way... So I ask you... how will you live your life? How will you face the things life brings to you and throws at you?

"I want to stretch my soul way past anything I've ever known. I want to push my boundaries over the edge and lose them forever. I want to throw the limits away, watching them shatter to dust. I want to hold the darkness with ease knowing it's an intergral part of my light. I want to fill with the calm knowing of trust. And I want to lvoe all the way to beyond." - Terri St. Cloud


Thanks Terri, for your honesty and raw writings straight from your soul. Your story matters and it helps others realize their story matters too. Its you I turn to - to remind myself to be kind and gentle to myself. Its your books that help me let go and just be. We are both a little out there but thats ok. Being normal is boring. Thank you for your words and sharing your story.

1 comment:

terri st. cloud said...

ms. michelle...THANK YOU for this post. how cool it was to come find it. thanks for all that you said. it really meant a lot!

i lost track of your blog! i'm so glad i found it again! gonna fix it so i don't lose track again!

it's really good to see you....