Saturday, January 22, 2011

Holding onto Aus

Its a very sad day for me, today as I was getting ready for work it happened. I felt shock, heartache, and some what naked. In 2007 I ventured to the other side of the world. I was Downunder in Melbourne, Australia. My entire life changed, no other way I can really put it or describe it. While I was there my friends Michaela and Alice took me to the market, while there they purchase a leather braclet for me. I put it on that Summer very very hot day in Melbourne (2007) and it hasn't been removed since. Over the years I have painted it with super glue in hopes it will never break. But as the years went by the leather started to unravel. It has been holding on by just treads for a good 6 months now. I have been as careful as can be because I knew the threads were weak. Yet I can't bare to let go of it. Now I can't help but having a feeling of loss. Strange how a thing can hold memories and some what hold all the meaning a special place like Australia has. But sometimes you just have to let go and realize that I (you) hold the memories and the meaning of special times in your life, it can't be found in things. I had hoped it would last until I arrived back downunder again, yet it did last for three years. And thankful I have a couple more that I can wear, thanks to my aussie mates. Thou its still not the same in know they prolli came from the same place and they are from Micheala and Alice - but that's life... it goes on. So tomorrow I will start wearing a new leather braclet in hopes it will last til I head back to the place that changed my life and to the people I so dearly miss.

No comments: