Thursday, February 11, 2010

Kunks

She's been my friend since grade school. We were playmates, classmates and teammates. We had our own little insides jokes and secrets that friends have. Little things that only have meaning to us like the locksmith in Medora. Just saying that sparks memories and I am positive can make her laugh thinking back.

This friend of mine she is a survivor! She is a fighter! She is kindness and compassionate. She is a lover and a giver. She is a fun and a breath of fresh air. She is a true friend. She is a daughter-sister and a mother! She is someone I am proud to call my friend.

Most know her as Dana Kunkel. I know her as Kunks - Dana Jo and sometimes well not for a long time DJ. She has had a struggle with her health but she never gave up. She suffered a great loss when her brother was taken far too soon but she still finds happiness laughter and love. She is someone who will support you, encourage you and believe in you. She is someone you know will always be in your corner.

Most of the time she has no idea the strength she carries or the will to live this life to the very fullest. She has no idea just how many lives she has touched and changed by simply just being her. She amazes me with her grace and beauty. And just when I don't think she can top herself she became a mother and she grew even more into this truly remarkable woman.

She's the kind of woman you are proud to have in your life and grateful to call a friend. Miles apart and yet she is still and always will be a special part of my life. For I know that if I needed her she would be there no questions asked. Just like she knows I would do the same for her. And those kinds of people. Those kinds of friends are always worth keeping around!! Because you know you can truly count on them. I know I can always count on Kunks!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOODNESS! THis is the first time visiting your blog page and I remembered you said you dedicated a post to me. I found it! I laughed, cried, and smiled! Michelle- You are truly amazing! AMAZING! Your heart is made of angelic gold! Thank you! Thank you! A million times, thank you friend!

YES- I will always be there for you. It's funny. It's been a while since I've seen you and yet i bring up your name a lot. To friends to strangers, You are so remarkable I always end up talking you up!

I can't wait to see you MGK! THanks for being you! You are truly one in a million!!!!!!!!!!!!