Thursday, February 11, 2010

Wackie Jackie

She's the friend you want with you to have a good time. She's the friend you want with you when you are sitting at the bar - bored at the airport or just plain bored. For she's the friend that brings life to any room. She's a ball fun of energy. She's the one with a smile always on her face and up for anything. She's the friend that makes the best out of life. She's the friend that always turns her lemons into lemonade. She's a tough one, one that never complains. She's my friend, Jackie.

From the moment I met her I felt and knew the energy that she has within her. It was like my old pair of favorite jeans that fit just right. That's how she knew me from the start. It was like we had always been friends. She got me, and I got her. Our friendship is one that is filled with laughter and smiles. One based on just accepting the other for who they are, no questions asked. Simply being you is all you need to do. She has helped me to take life as it comes and to know I can get through anything, that I have that inner strength to overcome whatever life brings me to or takes me too. It is her natural way of living that is teaching me how to be a better person and how to truly live. She does it so easily and naturally - just like breathing. She faces life with a smile and a inner strength and grace I have only found a handful of people to possess. I knew from the very second that I met her, she was different. The good kind of different. And that my life would never be the same, for now she was a friend and not just any friend but my friend.

I often wonder if she knows the strength that she carries, I often wonder if she knows how many people are blessed to call her their friend. I often wonder if she knows the difference she has made in so many lives by just being her and being apart of so many's life story. But knowing her, knowing Jackie - she just may take it for granted. She just may not even pay the slightest attention. For she is just being who she is in each second of the day with each breath she takes. She's a true 'liver' of life. Walking this journey - living this life and making each place and each person better. By simply and utterly just being your friend. I call her wackie jackie but she isn't wackie at all. She's a friend I am glad to have with me on this journey of life.

No comments: