Monday, February 1, 2010

The Simple Life

Time is spent a bit differently in the mountains. Life is lived a tad more simple and in many ways slower. You head to the bar on a Friday and find people wearing cozy well lived in clothes. You see stocking hats and winter boots. On the Slopes where the mountain is packed its still filled with just silence. Words that come to mind when I think of this place I call my winter paradise are...PEACE. RELAX. SIMPLE. EASY. CALMING...

I could write thousands of blogs and take millions of photos but in the end it won't truly capture the magic of this little ski town I call home. All I know is the people that come here L.O.V.E. it here. This is the place they come to get away. This is the place that brings smiles to their faces. This is the place they don't ever want to leave. This is the place that makes them feel truly alive. This is the place that helps bring clarity and sense to the life they live and the world around them...ALL it takes is one visit. One trip to the summit. One glance of the Flathead Range and in that one moment life just kind of starts spinning a different direction and speed. You find yourself truly just living and living in the moment... and the best part you take that with you when you leave. You find yourself wanting your everyday life to be just as filling... and the greatest thing is... YOU CAN! One doesn't need to live in the mountains of Montana or the beaches of Australia to find life's beauty... the simple fact is... its everywhere... you just have to choose to see it.

What I have found is that its the simple life that brings true happiness. Its living in the moment that life brings to you. Its breathin this life into your soul and letting it become a part of your being. This place its me, and is a part of my true being. It has changed me in ways I will never quite fully know and understand. All I know is I am at peace in this little ski town.

May be the simple life but that's okay....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Michelle,

Finally got around to checking your blog...I like this piece as it makes me feel like I'm back on the mountain. What a feeling!

Don't forget about us Canadian dudes. Remember Mike..."at the minimum" :<)

Cheers,
Glen