Thursday, February 11, 2010

Stac

When I moved to Whitefish in the late fall of 2007, I didn't know I solo. I had never been to the little town that was found at the bottom of Big Moutain. As I made my drive from central North Dakota to the tip of the Northwestern corner of the Big Sky state, I didn't know what was in store for me.

I slowly started to meet people from work that would soon introduce me to two gals from Pennsylvania that would make Whitefish feel like home. I met Stacy Moir at the Northern on a night in December and knew in a matter of seconds I had just met the person that would be 'my person' in the mountains. Turned out I was right, she was this amazing girl with a huge heart that always had time for a smile, a chat, a cold drink. I soon found myself always with Emily *her roommate* and her. And we were always laughing. That first winter holds a lot of special memories for me, and most of those memories where created with her. That first winter was a year of growth and learning for us (Stacy, Emily and I) and we did that all together. We made a home for ourselves in a place we had never been too and somehow we found each other. To me in moments like that its fate, to find such friends. Almost like they were just waiting for me to find them and it took me going to Whitefish to do so. She has since moved away from Whitefish, and to be honest it hasn't been the same since she left. We (Emily and I) are always looking forward to her coming back to this winter paradise again someday but in the meantime we reflect of that winter filled with memories of smiles, laughter, great times, and an amazing friendship. We think of the challenges - changes - struggles - learning and growth of that first winter in the mountains and the strength we found in each other. And I am confident I made it thru and had such a great winter because I was lucky enough to find Stacy. For I know that winter would have been completely different if it wasn't for her.

So to Stacy, where-ever you are today in this life... know that I am grateful that your life's journey lead you to Whitefish. I am grateful that somehow our paths crossed and we became friends. You are a beautiful and rare soul. That has open my eyes to the possibilities this life holds. You have taught me the meaning of true friendship and above all how to treat others. For you are the friend that everyone wishes they had, and somehow I am lucky enough to call my friend. I encourage you to keep that adventurous spirit out yours alive. Keep challenging yourself. Continue to embark on new journey's in this life and be confident in the person that you are. You are making a difference in the lives that you meet and touch - I should know I was and still am one of those. Your a beautiful gal that's for sure but what's on the outside that everyone first sees doesn't even come close to compare the beauty that lies in your soul. Take care my friend.
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born." -Anais Nin.

Having a friend like you (her) helped me to relax and not think of all of the people that I was missing. I found that I wasn't homesick or missing my friends because I had her around. She's the kind of friend you hope and dream of finding in a new place, in a strange place, in a place you don't know anyone. For she's like the girl down the block, the friend you have had forever. The friend that accepts, listens, understands and just befriends all parts of you. She is kind, compassionate, and caring. She helped exposed me to a world I had never known existed. And from that world I grew and found myself. What a gift to be truly thankful for.

"Every person is a new door to a different world." -Six Degrees of Seperation

No comments: