Thursday, April 2, 2009

The gift

So tonite I watched the movie...Seven Pounds...I found myself really thinking...about what goes on in that movie and Will Smith's actions based on what happened in his life...and I found myself applying those things in my life...if something like that happened to me...how would I handle it? what would my actions be?

In the end..sometimes I find myself thinking about my time...when...how...but dying in the place of someone I love seems like the ultimate way...I realize Seven Pounds is just a movie...but I know that somewhere someone's death was in the place someone's life...I can't imagine giving your love in such a way...I can't imagine the strength and sacrfice that would involve...the will and determination...for its one thing to say I would give my life for yours...but its a whole another thing to actually do it...however taking your own life well not so sure about that...but if the fates lined up and your death equals the saving of someone's life...well that's pretty darn amazing...YET I feel like that happens with each passing of a loved one...because their passing opens our eyes and truly does change us...with each death we are given a gift...the gift of air in our lungs and a heart that is beating...we are given the gift of life...something that should always be cherished...something we should always value...

I have no idea my how and when...but I do know of that gift that I hold in this moment...I do realize the blessing of my steady breathing and beating...something that seems so simple yet it holds so much meaning...whether life be flying high as the clouds or down in the dirt...whether its laughter or tears...its a gift...its ALWAYS a gift.

No comments: