Wednesday, April 1, 2009

While I'm waiting

I'm waiting...I'm waiting on you, Lord...and I am hopeful....though it is painful...but patiently, I will wait...I will move ahead, bold and confident...taking every step in obedience...While I'm waiting...I will serve you...While I'm waiting...I will worship...While I'm waiting...I will not faint...I'll be running the race...even while I wait...I'm waiting...and I'm peacful...thought it is not easy...but faitfully, I will wait...

I am big into music...I enjoy listening to a wide range of music and I have my own personal soundtrack to my life...a list a songs that speaks to my soul...a list of songs that I only know the tracks-because they speak to me so powerfully and straight to my soul-its a very private and emotional thing for me to listen to when others are around so I listen to them when I am alone....but I have just shared with you the lyrics to one of my top five...funny how that song tends to speak to me in every moment of my life...and I think pretty much everyone can find their life in those lyrics at sometime or another...whether you find yourself dealing with death-illness-struggles-changes-challenges-loss of a loved one-loss of a job-needing direction-letting go-moving on-needing to be heal-darkness-fears-unsure-loss of a friendship-loss of love...the list could go on...for it doesn't matter what it seems to be that you are facing or dealing with at that given moment...this song always makes me feel better. It always helps me carry on...it helps me let go...it helps me hang on...it gives me faith...it gives me hope...it makes me believe and gives me confidence.

For when plans go in different directions-as they alot of times do...For when things don't turn out the way we had in mind-which tends to be a lot...we find ourselves at a crossroad in life...wanting a reason...wanting an answer...wanting to be told what to do-what to say-where to go...I am no where near to being anywhere close to being perfect...yet for some reason many think I hold the secret to life...I am honored to be thought of in such a way...people want to know how I can live such a way-how I can always be found with a smile on my face and a laugh echoin' where I go...how I can stay positive thru it all...the answer truly lies within these lyrics...I have no secret...I have songs that speak to me...that help me keep hope...that help me keep the faith...that help me "trust a journey that I don't understand." Songs that help me trust in myself...and trust in my life's journey...lyrics that holds belief-compassion and even understanding... and I guess its thru my actions I am looked at in such a way...but the truth is everyone can live in such a way because its so simple...because it involves four things that you always have to believe in and see their glasses half full not half emtry...trust-hope-faith and love

I don't know the answers to my whys-nor do I hold the answers to yours...but someday I will-someday you will...which is why I can't (why you can't) waste the time I (you) have in this life trying to search for them...which is why I can't (why you can't) hold so tightly to the past when I (you) have a future awaiting for me (you) to embrace....more than anything this song brings me FAITH...and most of the time thats all you ever need...Find yours... it can be a song-a quote-a poem-it can be a place (for me its found in more places than just songs and lyrics)...that holds for you...your trust...your hope...your love...your faith...for when you find yours it will truly make a world of difference.

No comments: