Friday, April 10, 2009

We Love...

"For one human being to love another; that is perhaps the most difficult of our tasks...The work for which all other work is but preparation." Rainer Maria Rilke

Loving someone it seems so easy doesn't it..and we all feel that for the most part we feel like its not that big of a deal...because we feel we do it without even realizing it...But I feel that even when we think we are loving with our whole heart...in the end we aren't...Loving someone when they are at their best is easy...Loving someone when everything is flowing the same way and coming to together is simple...Life is good.

But how many of us truly give that love when that person is wrong...when they mess up...when they fail...when they are being someone less than the person that they are?? When they hurt us? How many us still give that complete love when things aren't flowing the same direction...when things are going everywhere else but together? When we think about it...loving seems so simple and so easy...yet its one thing to think and another to actual do. I would like to think that when it comes down to it...I would love that person in the same way I always do no matter what the situation is...I would hope to think that...but when those moments come...I find myself jumping out of the boat at times...what I remind myself these days is that's when they need my love-my understanding-my kindness the most...that is when I must not see life thru my eyes but try to imagine it thru theirs...When someone messes up...when someone makes it hard for us to love them in the way that we do...is when they need our love the most...that is when they are in need of understanding...that is when we must realize that we are human...we make mistakes...we are imperfect...and there's a reason for everything that we do and say...

I also need to let people love me when I am the one who is making it hard for others to love me...when I am the one who messes up...when I am the one who is being a person who is less than she is...For we will ALL find ourselves in such places from time to time...When I am in that spot...I need to let others love me like I am at my best...for in the end that's how I have learned to love others in such a way when they are in those places...that's how I know they need someone in their corner...that's how I know they are in need of someone to understand...that's how I know they need someone to see them as the person they truly are...that's when they need someone to walk in when everyone else is walking out...Life is one big story with a million lessons to fill its pages...We live and we learn...and I now add to that...We love.

No comments: