Thursday, April 9, 2009

New Eyes

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes." Marcel Proust

As humans we are constantly seeking and searching for...success...happiness...friendships...love...We are in quest of such things to find meaning in our lives...to give meaning to our lives...we seek...we search...I have come to realize that I have always found myself thinking that my discovery would be found in landscapes that my eyes have yet to see...Yet I have come to know recently in these last few years...the real discovery is having new eyes to taken in the landscapes that have ALWAYS surrounded me...its amazing the way things change around me if I am willing to change the way that I am looking at them....Beauty (truly does) lies in the eye of the beholder...

"That's not a diamond...it's JUST a rock...JUST." Its a pretty powerful word...JUST...yet what many don't see is that if we can change the way we look at things...the world around us changes...and opens up to a world of possiblities...all within our grasps...our reach...if we JUST open our eyes to see the landscapes that surround us...If we are willing to JUST see the beauty-the greatness-the potential in something-someone that we pass by every day...within the hidden...within the impefect...within the not so beauty...For we don't know the true outcome in changing the way we look at something...or someone until we allow ourselves to truly see the things that mostly remain unseen-for so much greatness lies in those things and people...that they are only exposed to those who truly are in search of seeing and knowing...and it all starts with seeing things with new eyes...with a new view...a new attitude...and allowing ourselves to be taken by that.

No comments: