Thursday, April 16, 2009

Settlin'

Its something that I find myself doing from time to time...its something that NEVER settles well with me...Settlin'...whether it be in life...work...coaching...teaching...photography...or love...I refuse to settle for anything less than what I am going after...less than I deserve...less than my dreams coming true...

I get the question Michelle why aren't you dating...you are a pretty girl...well the plain truth is...I am not just going to date to date...never have never will...for doing that would be settlin'...I love the person I am...well for the most part...and I would rather spend my time with myself than date a guy just so I could say I was dating someone. Being alone doesn't bother me....yet I found it bothers many that I am...I love being single...I love being able to put what I want in front and doing just that...I love that I don't have drama...I don't tork someone off if I want to have a night out with the girls...I don't coz a fight because I was talking to some guy a little too much at the bar...If I wanted too I could move to Washington or Japan at the drop of a hat...I could catch a flight to Australia in a matter of moments...of course I know better but the point is I could...granted I am sure this is what all single people tell themselves and it all changes when you meet that one you will spend the rest of your life with...well...I have yet to meet that guy or maybe I have yet to start having a relationship with that guy that I already know...So of course I am playing the single card as much as I can til then...who won't...

I refuse to settle esp after to getting to this point...I refuse to let someone tell me my dreams are unreachable...I refuse to hear their can'ts...don'ts and won'ts...I refuse to hear anything negative...It will be me and only me who puts an end to my dreams...Only me that will say I can't..I won't...I will continue to set the bar higher and high because I know that I can and will reach it...it may not be at the pace that I planned but I am positive that I will stick with it until I reach what I am yearning for...I have to...because when I do find myself settlin'...its the worse feeling for me...I would rather fail...I would rather have the wind knocked out of me...I would rather fall from a high distance...for settlin' with me is like guilt...it eats at me...because I know I am capable of more...I know that I am capable of achieving and reaching higher...Settlin' is being just content...its lowering the bar...it involves me being a person less than who I am...Settlin'...its never right...and if you think it is...well sooner or later you will be in for a real treat.

No comments: