Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Let-downs

People let us down...and I am postive that I too have let down my share of people and more than once or twice...and prolli way more than I would like to admit or even know about....yet when I find myself being the one that is let down I have found that I am quite bothered by it...I have yet to find out if its worse letting someone down OR having someone let you down...its a toss up.

Sometimes even when I don't realize it- I set standards for people and when they don't meet them I feel let down...I am disappointed in them...sometimes they know about these let downs right from the start-while other times they haven't got a clue. Again another point that I toss back and forth--to know or not to know?

What I need to realize-understand and accept is people are human and they will do what they will do...and I can't control their actions feelings or words...I have no control over anyone else but ME! I can watch and control my words-my actions and my feelings. Because of feeling let down I remember what its like to be in that spot and I try to learn-grow and apply those lessons to my life.

I hope to take something good a way for a situation that I am hurt by-let down by and so on...if I don't like how someone treated me or the lack of how they treated me---i make it a point to make sure I try my best to not do that to someone else...the same goes for words and so on...sometimes I find myself going above and beyond because I don't want another to feel in such away.

However as much as I try to be someone who doesn't hurt or let down...I know that I still do...and I need to face those moments-those actions and words and learn from them! I pray in the end that I do more good than I do hurt. I pray that I learn from my pain and hurt in the same way I can learn from the pain and hurt I might cause someone else. I pray that I always keep in mind that people are not perfect-we love and we hurt-we laugh and we cry-we dream/succeed and we fail/mess up...I pray to learn and grow from my short comings as well as my overcomings...with the hope to reaching and being the person I have always meant to be.

No comments: