Monday, January 19, 2009

Arlou

Today actually the last two days i realize that i am so not ready for kids anytime soon...after dog sitting and playin with Arlou for the last two days i realize that if a dog...a puppy is this much work a child will be even more...i don't think i said NO...NO...NO...bad dog...leave it...this is not yours...NO NO NO ARLOU! Its all sugar and spice when she sleeps and cuddles right next to you...however just when i think this...Arlou would let one pass and slap me back into reality...its hard not to when her farts fill up the entire room forcing you to breathe thru your clothing...i do realize things are different when a dog or a person is yours and your complete responsibity....i think everything changes when you realize that is your job to care for, teach, nuture, love...however after watching Marti this morning yelling at Arlou multi times maybe not...it did bring a smile to my face because I could just smile and laugh and not be the one yelling and enforcing the law....I also like how that during these times Arlou runs to me for protection... i am that aunt that spoils and protects i guess...and i am all about hanging and having arlou time but i have found i love to give her back....yet the more that i do watch her the more i think that maybe my life is ready to take on the caring and loving of another living life...maybe getting a puppy is something that thou would be alot of work end up being something life full filling...someone who is always here-someone to talk to other than my own voice from time to time.....

Then just when i have my mind made up...Arlou does something that slaps me back into reality and then i say...um maybe i can wait a bit longer for this adventure to start with another living life to care for...yes in fact i can....but someday. Til then i will spoil protect and watch arlou from time to time and get my filling and then...give her back....for once i have my own...giving back isn't something that is in the list of things i can do.

No comments: