Saturday, January 10, 2009

Aunt Shelley

If there is someone who I look and act well just like its prolli this lady...And well I couldn't be more proud when someone in my family tells me I am just like her....Without really knowin I feel that her and I have more than just look alike and acting traits that make us so much alike...As I look at my life and than hers I would like to say that she is prolli the one person that knows what I am feeling and talking about. She ventured off alone and made a life that is and has been just hers. She trusted her gut and thou at times it wasn't easy she stayed true to herself...and in the end found her own personal happiness because she didn't fold her cards, she didn't give up...she kept believing and living...Her life motivates me in so many ways...the way she lives her life and the love she gives is something that I hope was passed on to me...Her love for her family and husband is carried with her and written all over her...its in her voice, in her hugs, in her smile, in her laughter and in her eyes. She has been nothing but just amazing to me...my entire life I remember her being this blonde hair blue eyed gal that would fill the room with her laughter and smiles...you knew when she was there...the room lite up with her presence...she would always make time to be with me and my brothers when she visited...always had gifts for us to let us know that she was always thinking of us even thou she was far from sight.
I know life in some ways didn't turn out the way that she had planned...some plans changed, some roads ended, some dreams never came true and others faded...but even when she came to those endings she didn't stop living, she carried on...with grace and strength and found another dream to chase and another road to embark on...I know she shedded her share of tears and dealt with darkness as much as anyone else...but I can only remember her strength and her smile. She found other ways to give meaning to her life and complete her life...She is one tough lady because not everyone can find laughter and smiles in all corners of life...but she does...
I know she misses my grandmother prolli well even way more than me in ways I prolli can't even begin to understand....But what she doesn't know is just how much Granny is a part of her...so much of my grandmother can be found in her...Her hugs feel just like Granny's...She has that way of carrying love in her voice...you know the kind where you swear you can hear what love sounds like....For when I called my grandmother whether I be down the road just coming to the house or in my college dorm room or somewhere travellin thru Australia...I could hear the love in my grandmother's voice over the phone...its the same way when I talk to Granny's youngest....When I see Shelley after long periods of time...I swear the way she stands and the smile that she gives me is like I am seeing my grandmother at that age...for without even knowing it Shelley claps her hands and spreads her arms out in the same exact way Granny always did while waiting to wrap me in a hug...and I am so grateful that Shelley carries that one trait with her without even knowing...Because there's been only one other person that had such a gift of making me feel so loved, cared about and thought about in such a special and rare way...the kind of way that made you feel like they had just been waiting for you to walk in the door...the kind of way that made you feel like they had just been waiting for the phone to ring and for you to be on the other line....Mother like Daughter...and the best part is like Granny..Shelley not just makes me feel that love but everyone that she loves and cares about...Michelle...my first name...named after Rochelle Goldmann...most think I am like my father...which is prolli true...They both have blonde hair and the same eyes...and its a toss up on who I am really more alike...But I know this...more and more people have begun calling me Shelley...yea its a shorter form of Michelle...but what most people don't know is the meaning that name Shelley carries with it....I just hope I can full fill that name in the same matter my Aunt Shelley always has and still does...its an honor and a blessing to be named after someone so special, so rare, so kind, and so filled with love and laughter.

No comments: