Thursday, January 15, 2009

Let Go...

I wanna let go...of worry and doubt
giving it up...I am laying it down.
take it away..out of my hands..out of my reach
and safe in your plans....Coz i need to know...that you can hear me.

Take me and hold me
break me and mold me
I want to let go

Craddle my hands...knuckles so white.
Open that map and say its all right
Show me your plan, call it your own.
Make it a journey ...leading me home
Coz I need to know...that you can hear me.
Fill me with your peace...Lindsay McCaul "Let Go"

LETTING GO...we fight to hold on..we fight to let go..and somewhere we find ourselves in the middle...letting go of mistakes, of failure, of dreams, of hopes, of worry, of despair, of doubt, of the unknown and what will be...letting go of love, of tears, of hurt, of pain...letting go of friendships, of how things "use to be." Letting go of the past...So many things to let go of...I once heard someone say that if we hold on too tight on the past we won't have room to embrace the future...If we can't smile thru the tears then whats the point of still living...bad things happen each and everyday...in every second...I will never begin to understand the WHY's in any of it...I don't understand how two people who found each other and are meant to be together find themselves in a world that won't allow them to be together...I don't understand a person who is educated and responsible is laid off and can't find a job no matter how hard they try...I don't understand how a girl who is young and truly beautiful and just kind is the target for cruel jokes, hatred stares and gossip laughs...I don't understand the hate, the crime, the abuse, the violence that some people have to live thru whether it be for just one moment or for their entire life...I don't understand a person taken all too soon from this world....I don't understand how a family carries on...I don't know how a parent truly breaths again after a loss of a child...I search and search looking for reasons...But there never are any are there...Yet in that moment I realize you are left standing between two things...HOPE and DESPAIR...You can either go one of two places...head south or head north....Thou it doesn't matter what journey might have lead you to those two points...its never easy...and its a choice you have make more than once...sometimes its a choice you battle with each and every second....AS hard as it is I look to HOPE...hope in the human spirit, hope in love, hope for a better tomorrow, hope for understanding, hope that my best is still yet to be, hope that one day it will all make sense...and thats what I wish for so many...HOPE ... so you know you aren't alone in your journey of pain, of worry, of saddness, whatever journey you may be on...in all journeys of life...

Today may be the day you let go...or maybe its the day you loosen your grip or even just think about the day in the future...letting go doesn't mean forgetting...it simple means making room to embrace, to endure, to feel, to love and to live more...Someone very wise said...Sorrow craves the hole that someday love will make whole....letting go...its a journey all in its own...one in which we fight to hold on and we fight to let go...

No comments: