Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Sometimes I just don't know.

There have been two things that have literally driven my up a wall...and if I have to see these two things again I just might lose my mind...The first has to deal with a commerical that you see on tv...one of those info-mericals....trying to get you to buy something....I believe its 59.95 and comes in three different colors...why anyone would buy one of these in the first place yet along in three different colors is beyond me...its called the Snuggie...its a wrap up blanket that allows you to be hands free...you wear it...also know as a ROBE...The commerical makes this look like the best invention ever UNTIL they start wearing this thing places that one never should...I am not sure what i would like if i saw a famliy of four each wearing a snuggie at an outdoor game nor I am not sure what I would think if I saw them gathered around a campfire...I don't like to make fun of people but come on...this is just asking for it...yes they will be warm but it also looks like they belong to some cult....everytime i see the commerical i do get a good laugh in.

The second involves the signal that tvs get to pick up cable channels switching over to digital...YES WE ALL GET IT...you have ran these warnings since at least October...WE UNDERSTAND that starting at the end of February if you don't have the right signal or a receiver your tv will not work...I know we can be dumb Americans from time to time but we can read and don't need to be warned of this action every night on the hour of every hour...it just makes me shake my head...BECAUSE i know their will be someone out there at the end of Feb...who comes home and turns on their tv and are leave completely dumb-founded on why their television isn't working...and will then call the cable company and complain...only to prove that they should have ran the message more...you just can't win.

While of the subject of commericals...I have never seen a commerical so well put together and then ruined by what song they put in the background...The animal rescue commerical...so not meant to be funny yet everytime I see it and then starting hearin the song in the background set to Angel by Sarah McLachlan I lose it...I know its not meant to be funny in any way yet all I can do is laugh when I see it...and trying not to laugh tends to only make me laugh harder.

There are some dumb things out there for us to buy but what makes it even more humorous is the fact that there are people out there who buy these crazy things...I have to laugh when they say if you can in the next ten minutes we will double your order for free...does this mean business is either so good they can throw in a free one OR does this mean that business is so bad they don't want to get stuck with any of them and they just want to be over with it....The killer on the Snuggie commerical is that not only do you get two snuggies for one but they will also throw in two book lights...as if my mind wasn't made up and I had to get two book lights thrown in to make it a sure yes...Humor you can find it everywhere you look.

No comments: