Saturday, January 17, 2009

We remember...

There are certain people in our life...that makes our entire life...they make all the difference...they are the ones that ground us yet also give us wings...they are the ones that let us know that we matter in this life....Without these people this life is worthless...it really is left without a meaning....I am thankful for such people...who take the time, who reach out, who love me, who encourage me, who inspire me, who do more than they realize by the love and friendship that they give to me...I don't deserve such people...yet I seem to always find myself surrounded by their love and caring ways.

Today marks a 6 month anniv. of a life taken all too soon, whose passing seemed to leave behind so many unanswered questions that we never seem to find any reason or answers too...I know it was a hard day esp for his wife, family and all his friends...who haven't stopped missing him since that July day that he was taken from this life....A day that changed everything about life for so many who love and miss him so dearly...I know all they wish for is to see his face...see that smile...to hear his laughter fill up a room...to just hold him and hug him..I wish that is something I could snap my fingers and allow to happen right now in this moment..but its impossible...instead I wish you to be covered in a blanket of memories and of moments spent with him filled with smiles, laughter, love and simply just Ben...I wish for you to feel his arms around you embracing you with all of his love letting you know that he misses you just as much as you miss him...May you feel his presence and strength to let you know that he is alright and all he wants is for you to be happy, for you to smile, for you to laugh. Grieving is an endless journey that only seems to end when we find ourselves with that person again...but here is discovering the healing power that is found in HOPE...hope in a better tomorrow...hope that one day it won't hurt as much to remember...hope that you will find the strength to let happiness back into your life again....my thoughts are with you all...and Ben know that you are missed and always loved.

So many people have days like today...so many remember the date that a loved one is taken and each year this is an especially hard day that they must face...yet there are also those month anniv. that are just as hard...and still each day in itself can be a struggle...Many people are blessed with so much thats its almost overwhelming...so many people reaching out, calling, sending cards, bringing food, stopping over in those first few days right after someone is taken...that spills onto the week leading to the funeral and this remains for a while after...but then life settles in again and people without meaning to move on...life goes on...yet for those who suffer the loss the hardest are left standing still in a world that seems to be spinning out of control....BUT know this...so many people still remember...so many people!! Some on certain days...some something reminds them of the person who is gone and their thoughts turn to remembering....each chose to remember in their own way in their own time...which in it self a blessing because that means theres a chance that someone is always thinking of the person who is no longer with us....Remember this on your hard days when you think you are alone, when you think that people have forgotten, that no one remembers...you are wrong...we never forget the people we love in our lives, we never forget souls who make a difference, we never forget the beings that brought us smiles, made us laugh and shared a friendship & love with us....its impossible too...I remember all those that I have lost daily each in their own way, each in their own time...my thoughts recall my moments and memories that I was blessed to share with each of them in this life and I await the day when those souls are the ones who lead me into paradise.

No comments: