Friday, June 7, 2013

Making the Best of it.

Have you ever stopped and realize just how resilient the human spirit is and truly can be??? I hear of horror stories absolute nigthmares that are people's reality - I have seen pictures that document such events as someone's reality. Hurricanes. Tornados. Floods. Blizzards that destroy people's homes and rip loved ones away right before their eyes. Mother Nature can be a beast and a mean beast at that. But then the storm fades the clouds part the sun shines and life carries on. There are murders - beatings - rapes - abuse - wars - torture - kidnappings - suffering and yet life doesn't stop. People are left with no answers to their questions and are forced to find a way to deal with the reality that is now their lives. Babies and children dying before they even know what this life is even all about - parents taken - sibings gone before we are ready for them to leave - the elderly not remembering the life they lived and sickness housing in too many boides that they can never be free of. This life is filled with struggles. with hard times. with challanges. with changes. with sorrow. with failure. with tears. with loss. with heartache. with death. And yet life goes on...The human spirit endures. How amazing is that and its done in such a robot format that we don't even realize we are doing it. Life truly is a blessing and time is its most precious gift to us. For it can all change in the blink of an eye in one single second. "Time is a monster that cannot be reasoned with. It reponds like a snail to our impatience, then it races like a gazelle when you can't catch a breath. - Simon Birch" I can't even begin to count the times this has applied to my life nor the amount that it will apply in the times to come as I journey thru this life. It can be filled with so much happiness excitement joy where we find ourselves just wanting to marinate in the moment. I crave to have such moments whether they are just simple moments that happen everday or some big experience that sparks them. They leave you feeling alive.

Yet I know for certain those moments would have no meaning no effect if we didn't experience the flip of that coin. And acknowlege the direct opposite of what life can present to you.  I often think of a line from the Count of Monte Cristo "Life is a storm, my young friend. You will bask in the sunlight one moment, be shattered on the rocks the next. What makes you a man is what you do when that storm comes."  How will I react - how will I be when life throws me upon the rocks will it be held with just as much respect as I have for those life moments basking in the sun? My journey goal is to remain Michelle - the person that I am thru turnoil and bliss. I strive to remain true to my being and I want to always try to grow change and become in a way that stays on course to the person I am meant to be. I want my scars bring me strength not weakness. I want what has been given to me to endure and enjoy to break me open to fully experience what this life is truly all about.  For I have witness no matter what has been done life carries on...It may take our breath away in moments that are just too real - but we do breath again.  It might knock us completely on our ass but we do stand again. It might rip our hearts right out but we do mend again. For life isn't about the worse that has been done to us but the best that still is in us. This life is something else - constantly changing. Teaching us these major life lessons day in day out with the solo purpose for us to respond - to grow and to do more - be more. My grandmother always told me it was my responsiblity to not just find the joy in my life but to create it - be the joy. My parents have taught me that there is nothing too big nor too serious in this life that we can't find the laughter and the silver lining in things. I don't know what this life has enstore for me and I never will but I do know what kind of attitude I will face it with. And that attitude just may make all the difference in the world. I owe it those too many too name that were taken from this life all too soon to make everyday every single second count. For as far as I know we are only here once. And when I do find that moment that I take in my last breath I want to leave this amazing life exhausted scarred bruised and filled with happiness content and peace knowing that no matter what life presented I carried on and made the best of it. 

No comments: