Friday, June 21, 2013

QUOTE CHAT: Four

Why is it that so many of us stay in the same place - is it a matter of routine? Is it fear? Is it laziness? Is it comfort or safety? Is it just what we know and can truly rely on? Is it a matter of funds? Or out of responsibility? This world we live in and on is massive - filled with so many places so many people so many ways of life. When I was younger I thought in order to expose myself to the world around me I had to leave the world I was living in to find it. I have found that's not to be true - to be exposed to the world I simply need to leave my front door and venture out. I long to travel and experience all this world has to offer but I also know this world has much to offer just outside my door - I don't have to go far to find it - I just have to be open to it and have the frame of mind to see beyond. 
There have been many moments in my life where I wish I knew better - that my best choice was to make no choice at all - my best words to say was to speak no words at all - my best action was to make no action at all. I guess that's the thing about life it teaches you - even when you don't want to learn and esp. when you think you know better or more. I am growing to realize sometimes its best to not say or do anything until you have your ducks in a row - until you know for certain just what you want to say and do. 
It is in the journey where she will become strong.
It is in the journey where she will become strong.
It is in the journey where she will become strong.
It is in the journey where she will become strong.

Often this isn't realized or known right away. Its an after the fact sort of thing. But I do believe there is a reason for everything in this life.
Every single day you have a choice. Every single moment you are in control of your emotions. Sometimes its easy to be the one in power of such - sometimes its the hardest thing you think you could possibly do. But it still remains the same - you are in charge of how you feel. You and only you. Yes things events places and people play a role in that but only as much of a role as you allow. What are you choosing today??
Sometimes I catch myself day dreaming of meeting and knowing great common people - even with the amount I have already found and got to know I know there are so many more out there. Then i thought one day --- what about YOU. Are you the type of person someone is wanting and needing to meet? If you well werne't you...after meeting yourself would you like that person? Would you want to spend time with that person? Would you want to know that person? After removing yourself from your bias knowledge what would you say about that person? I don't strive to be perfect. That's impossible but I do strive to be someone even I would be grateful to have met and to know and maybe even call my friend.
If there is one thing I am certain of...its a journey worth taking.
Sometimes this is a a hard one - esp when you so badly want to fit. But if there is one thing I have grown to know and love is that having the room to actually fit is way way better that trying to fit and not being able too. 
I would like to say I am the first - but the truth is sometimes I don't let go and boy oh boy do I get dragged. I am still working on this one - and I am no where near close to conquering this - but what's important is that I am trying.
The edge is always always always better. Test and push your limits. Take them to the very edge.

No comments: