Wednesday, March 4, 2009

DEE DEE

Her name is Deondra Thilmony, I call her DEE DEE...I met her when I was hangin out/baby-sitting Jami...and I believe Jami& Deondra were like 5 or 6. Deondra invited me over for supper at her house...and for some reason I went. So there I was eating supper with her mother, father, toddler brother Jordan and Deondra's 5/6 year old self...and I would have been 13/14...once again just what kind of pre-teenager was I? Anyways soon after that I would start baby-sitting Deondra and Jordan and they would become a part of my life forever. Though they moved from Beulah to Mandan, it was because of the strong friendship Jami and Deondra had that kept me in her life. Once the girls went off to the same college, its a toss up now who I make the trip to Mankato to see.
I have tons of fun with Deondra, and in fact if I am not getting in trouble with Jami...its for sure I am causing it with this girl. We feed off each other way way way too well and too much. My time with her is filled with complete out of control fun and chaos. When we remember when...we both end up crying because of the things we have done together. She is my punk of a sister just like Jami. And I have never once just hung out with her because she was friends with Jami. I have always wanted to be around her, because she is just an amazing girl...who is full of life, smiles, laughter and love. She tends to often be my parnter in crime when I visit Mankota in fact most of the time when I am in Kato you can't find me without her. She and I have no problem at all entertaining ourselves...usually with laughter...lots of laughter. Though its thru Jami that our connection was formed and in many ways kept for many years...it now is a firm foundation of friendship that not only stands solid but also flourish. I am so blessed to call her my friend and my sister. She is a rockstar of a gal who is always up for a good time filled with smiles, laughter and of course some cold ones. On a serious note, she is a friend that truly cares, listens and understands. She always finds the time to help a friend out and above all makes you feel special and loved. Its a true honor to have this girl in my life. And I know that wherever life takes me, near or far I will always find her in my life, ready for a laugh, a smile, a good time, a chat, a cry...She's a pretty special person...then again I should have and well I do know its from the very start, the first time I met her...even at the age of 5...I knew she was special...Why else would I ever say yes to coming over for supper if I didn't know that one day she would be one of my best friends...thanks Dee, for bringing me and somewhat forcing me from the start to be a part of your life. thank you for all the laughter, the smiles, the memories and yes even the tears. I am so proud to have you in my life but more importantly proud of the friend you are and above all the person you are....I love you Dee Dee.

No comments: