Thursday, March 26, 2009

In one moment...

Last Thursday while I spent the weekend with my family I was completely unaware of what was going on between Whitefish and Kalispell...A week later-as I went to Sage to get my hair highlighted I was in formed of the sad news.

I hardly even knew her-a bubbly kind beautiful blonde who cut my hair-who I spent one afternoon with...she was around Sage when I came back again-but I needed to get in and she was booked so I went with the girl who was open. Erin was 35 years old a mother of 13 year older Caden a wife of just almost 3 years to Jason...while travelin back to Columbia Falls from Kalispell a 16 year girl somehow ended up going down the wrong way on the road and the cars hit head on...killing Erin, Caden and the baby Erin and Jason were expecting...gone in one single second...the 16 year old girl remains in critical condition in Seattle.

How can life possibly change so much for so many lives in one moment? For the loved ones left behind...life will never be the same for that 16 year old girl...she's just a kid how does she come to terms with the accident that was caused with her hands behind the wheel. A family left to mourn 2 lives and a life that never got a chance to be.

In one single moment...that was the fate of Erin, Caden and the baby to be...but it could have just as easily been one of your loved ones...it could have been you or me...in one single moment...in the blink of an eye...lives were taken...lives were changed...lives will never be the same.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the Thompson-Odell family and the young girl and her family.

I pray we all hold life in both hands and realize just how precious it is...for it could be over in one moment...it could change forever in one single moment...

1 comment:

terri st. cloud said...

this just really got to me......
it's so darn precious....and we just
don't know how long we have, do we?
thanks for the reminder!