Wednesday, March 25, 2009

what would you do?

I just got done watchin the movie twilight...and I must say it was very good. It got me thinking if I could live forever what would I do?

I would learn how to play the piano, I would learn sign-french-latin-german-italian. I would read and read and read...every book I could get my hands on. I would learn to rebuild an engine-how to weld. I would learn to build things like benches dressers and tables. I would become a gardner.if I had all the time in the world on my hands I would prolli spend a mass amount of it outside with nature...watching life-watching change-watching the seasons-watching sunsets and sun rises. I would befriend as many people as I could. I would take the time to be just be with all those I love. I wouldn't be in a rush-i would be in that moment knowing I had endless more to come. I would never be too busy for someone when they needed me or just wanted me to be around.

And then I thought about it a little more...why does one have to live forever to do such simple things? Why can't one be that person right now? Why not make the time when we have the time. Many people have this thing called the 'bucket list' filled with things they want to do-places they want to go-changes they want to make in their lives-goals-dreams and plans before they die....which I think is amazing and good to have don't get me wrong...but why does it take death for us to all of a sudden want to do such things-see such things-for us to change-for us to be the people we are meant to be...why does it take death to open our eyes and start truly living? Why can't we do that each and everyday!

I am not talking about travelin to europe or jumpin out of a plane-those things take saving of money and planning...but I am positive that a bucket list isn't just filled with destinations to go to...and if it is then I think you need to think a bit more outside the box...because I know there are things we can start doing right know in this very moment instead of doing it too late in life.

Things like being the kind of friend you have always wanted to all those you know. Things like taking or making the time for someone who needs you. Calling someone back right away instead of waiting and prolli forgetting. Taking an hour out of your day and playing truly playing with your kids or your cousins or whoever the kid is...it will make their entire day and they will never forget it. Things like sending a card or an email to a friend or family member for no reason. Going to go and visit your grandparents and you aren't in a rush-ask them about their lives back when and listen! You can learn so much from these amazing people if you take the time to truly listen. Let someone go in front of you at the checkout line at target walmart or the grocery store-an elderly person, a mother of 3 or just someone that looks like they are having a bad day. Hold open the door for someone-hold up traffic and let someone cross the street or let a car in that has been waiting. Forgive. Say your sorry and mean it. Say thank you, your welcome and excuse me. Smile at a stranger. Have a random chat about pretty much nothing to a person you prolli will never see again....there are so many little things we can do right now in this moment.

Why not be the person we have always wanted to be right now...this very moment. Why not start leaving our mark in this world instead of tryin to find a way at the last minute. Why not make a difference now in someone's life. Don't wait for a death sentence...and don't count on doing such things someday in life---what happens if your someday never comes---if you are gone before your someday arrives.