Saturday, March 14, 2009

Remembering...

Today I remember a man that left this world all to soon. I remember a man I haven't seen in ten years. A man I have thought about in some way every single day for the last tens. A man I know I will think about in the same way ten years from now. Mr. Swegarden passed away on this day ten years ago yet I still can find him in so many places.

So many lives were touched and forever changed by this man. So many carry his lessons with them. So many feel so grateful that they had the honor of knowing him and having them in their lives. He is a man that opened my eyes and helped me realize so many things. He is a man that respected his students and we respected him. He was a man that demanded our very best in school sports and more importantly life.

He had just a gentle comfortable way bout himself. Someone that always put you at ease. Someone always with a smile and his face. Someone you could laugh with. Someone who believed that you were capable of achieving things that most thought you never could. He was a positive man that lead by example. That let his actions speak loud than his words.

He is a man that I will always find myself missing and remembering. A person that I hope to be a little more like. A teacher and coach I hope I could even be somewhat like-to be half that kind of person it would be success. There is only one man like him. He was one in a million and I was somehow lucky enough and blessed that I somehow ended up with him being a part of my life...talk about being in the right place.

So today we remember you, and we carry your lessons and legacy with us always. You are still here with us. Today more than ever I hope you realize the impact you have on so many...still and always

No comments: