Sunday, March 1, 2009

The effects of another.

"You can never forget the people who change your life..You become a different person and everything you do is slightly altered by what they taught you."

I can not even begin to list all the people in my life this quote applies to...I am a firm believer that I am who I am today because of each and every human being that has been in my life...and its these people who will and have helped me find pieces of myself...pick them up...and let those pieces be apart of me forever. Whether they have been apart of my life since the very start, or for years and years...or maybe just a day-a moment...it doesn't matter...I know for a fact their presences brought something into my life...maybe it was a simple as a smile...maybe it was a lesson thur pain or hurt...We don't just learn the fun stuff and remember those moments...but more often we remember and grow the most from the hard stuff...from being hurt, from hurting others, from letting go, from moving on, from parting ways, from forgiving, from being forgiven, from the root of darkness...those moments tend to be the ones that grow us truly into the people that we are...those are the direct result in where we find true strength...And I know that I can't just have people who love me in my life...I can't just have all sunshine and happiness...because I am missing out on a big part of understanding and truly living life if I do...Just like you take light and dark...life and death...laughter and tears...like a two sided coin...you can't take one without the other....the same goes for the people in your life.

Were those moments I loved...um no...but I endured them...I learned from them and I grew from them...and hopefully I grew in the right direction...growing in positive not negative...becoming more...becoming a better person than who I was at the time before these lessons...All I want is to let the lessons I learn thru life and thru the people that come into and out of my life...have a positive effect...that because of these moments these lessons and these people...I am able to do more with my life...I am able to give... understand... show compassion... endure... befriend... forgive... love... and above all grow that much closer to understanding life. I thank you ... the people in my life... for showing and teaching me these lessons each and every second of my life.

No comments: