Sunday, March 29, 2009

Flood '09

I have spent seven years in this city...Fargo, ND....Home of the Thundering Herd North Dakota State Bison. I still spend my summers 20 miles south of town at a golf course community named Oxbow....A community and golf course that is at the moment under water. While Fargo has its leeves and dikes built...and now is hoping they will hold long enough til the water goes down. The following link will take you to youtube.com to watch a clip of photos and video set to Jim Brickman/Sara Evans song "Never Alone." It shows the kind of people fighting this flood...It shows exactly who North Dakota and Minnesota (Midwest) people are...It shows the kindness and compassion in giving a helping hand...It shows how we take care of our own-our loved ones-our neighbors and yes even strangers...It shows the hard working never giving up fighting spirits. It shows point blank why I am so proud to call this state my home.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdxtwROYTgE

No comments: