Sunday, March 15, 2009

The 'Z' Club

This past weekend I took in my cousin's final state basketball games as a senior at Mandan high. Wow I can't believe she is graduating. I remember the day I was told my aunt and uncle were having her. I remember the day she arrived. I remember holding her for the first time-brand new and perfect...they put her into my arms and I was introduced to Brittaney Tess Zander...I remember her at my games, proms, over weekend holidays summers and vacations. She was one beautiful baby and paul jacorian and I were taken by her smile laugh and big brown eyes.

We acted like morons and goons tryin to get her to smile and laugh. For even then she had us tied around her finger. Having her in our lives is not just having some cousin for we have never treated so...we have fought with her, made her cry, made her laugh, made her smile...you know the kind of relationship you would have with a kid sister...well that's Brittaney.

After watchin her this weekend I reflected on the moment of her making the entire family watch barney tape after tape-it got to the point we all knew the songs. I remember her sittin on the floor and taking 25 puzzles and dumping them all over and puttin them together. She has grown up right before my eyes in a million simple moments into this young woman who has so much to offer this world. She has greatest she hasn't even begin to know she has. I am beyong proud of her already thus far into her life's journey...and yet she has only glazed the surface...she is only getting warmed up...for I know if she brings the same intesity and determination to life like she does to sports...well watch out is all I can say...you can count on one thing I will always be a proud member of the 'Z' club long after her sport playing days! Thou she has found success in the sports world and has been a champion...I know that she will find even greater success in the game of life. The game that truly counts and matters.

No comments: