Tuesday, March 24, 2009

North Dakota

I am from a state that most never visit.I from a place where the horizon goes on further than the eye can even take in. I am from wheat fields and corn fields...I am from rough and tough winters and relaxing summers. I am from one of the hundreds of map dots that you would find looking at a state map. I am from a coal town. I am from a place where the wind blows and howls. I am from a place that has the most amazing sunsets because they last for ages with an endless view. I am from out in the middle of nowhere-where hay bales line the roads you drive. A place that is home to the world's largest cow-buffalo-craine-medal structure...the list goes on. A place that you can always find a cow grazin the praire and a deer leaping across...a place where you can always find a cowboy hat and boots at a wedding dance. A town where everyone knows everyone-a place where you can buy all your buddies drinks on twenty dollars. I am from a place of honest loyal and hard workers. I am from a place that is all about family. I am from North Dakota...

Tonight I pray for all those you are battling the high waters and flooding across North Dakota. I pray for all those who are homeless- who have loss so much...I am grateful for all those who have given their time and muscle to sandbagging and helping...I am proud to say I am from North Dakota because in times of challenge heartbreak and loss...we come together to help our neighbors...we see everyone as one of our own- as our ND family....that just doesn't happen everywhere...you just don't see that everyday...but in North Dakota its a way of life...its how we live...its who we are! Hard working-caring-giving-kind-fighters who don't give up...stay strong Dakotans...I wish I could lend a hand-so I will do the next best thing---send my prayers.

No comments: