Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Kelly from Iowa

I met her at basketball camp when I was a freshman or sophmore in high school. We could have passed as twins back then...basketball angie lee and the iowa hawkeyes bonded us forever...her name is Stacy Kelly...and she has been a true friend ever since...yet I haven't seen her in person since our camp days.

Now I know its crazy to think or call her a true friend after sayin I haven't seen her since I was 14...but she is in ever sense. She has always be there for me for a good yack, guidence or just a laugh. Our relationship has soared thru the years thru emails, letters, msn and long distance calls...I know if I ever need her she would be there just as she knows the same goes for me. She is a person that I am just happy and proud to know. She never settles in life and is always setting new goals then workin hard to achieve them. Her drive to succeed is something I hope rubs off on me just by knowin her. I know she truly cares for me as a person and a friend. She encourages me in places where I feel like I would fail-to try because you never know where success will be.

I have always been proud to call her my friend. And I will always think of her as a friend even if its another ten years before I see her...hoping it won't be thou! I am not sure why but its always been like that with her and me...from the start it was like I had found my long lost sister. Thank you, Stacy for being this person in my life-this true friend...with the distance between us you so could easily chose not to be. You could easily let the distance come between us- where we would just be some kid from nd or some kid from iowa we went to camp with way back then. But you chose to stay in touch-you chose to be a true friend to me...I thank you for this. I am grateful for this...I am more of the person I am suppose to be because of your friendship, support, guidence and encouragement. Thank you for being a part of my life---and not letting a little thing like distance stand in the way of being true friends. GO Hawkeyes!

No comments: