Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Ride of Life

LIVING....Enduring and Embracing...Growing...Changing...Becoming...Finding....life its found in a smile upon a face...on a friend, a loved one or a complete stranger...life its found in a giggle of a baby..a barrel laugh that fills the room from a friend...life its found in a bear hug...life its found in a word...a thought...life its found in the suns rays...in softly falling snow...in gentle rain drops...in a cold breeze...it surrounds us...engulfs us in its warmth and light at times as well as its cold and darkness. The beauty can be seen and felt in all corners, everywhere you look. And you can find yourself growing from not just the beauty but the not so beautiful...from light and darkness...from happiness and saddness...from laughter and tears...from success and failure...

LiFE...something I just can't get enough of...something that still amazes me and leaves me speechless...A gift I am given...one that I hope I give back to and try to honor that gift the best way I can each and everyday.

"More than anything I want to trust a journey I don't understand."

Trust...Hope..Faith...those are the things I bring with me on this journey of life...that has lead me to the top of the mountains, to the edge of the shore...thru laughter and tears...the joys and the terrors...its one hell of a ride...that you find yourself screaming with excitement as well as in complete terror...Sometimes it takes everything to just hold on and then theres those moments where you find your arms extend in the air--just so you can feel life upon your skin...Moments where we may think we will never smile again...but we always do...Moments we would give anything to have the ride stop or at least slow down...but then you find yourself so so very glad Life just kept going and didn't give you the final say-it just forced you to keep going...for if I have learned anything...its when we let go...esp of the wheel thats when we find ourselves in the places and with the people we were always meant to be with...The ride we call life...here's to the joys and the terrors...that bring meaning to it all...and somehow along the way if you realize it or not...you are finding yourself...growing into youself and I hope loving yourself all along...and above all...Loving this life...its a pretty amazing ride isn't it...

No comments: