Monday, February 2, 2009

Grandma T's 90th

My grandmother turned 90 this past Sunday...after spending my whole life with her in it--its easy to look past the amazing accomplishment that living that long truly is...I started to think of all of the things she lived thru, all the things she saw in her life time...all the changes...Feb 1, 1919...to now Feb 2009...just think of all that has been the good the bad the happy and sad...90 years.

Grandma Tillie...someone I have always known simply as my grandmother but she is so much more than my grandmother...she's a mother, an aunt, a neice, a wife, a friend, a sister, a cousin, a girl, a woman, an American, a human...someone who faces challenges changes just like me...in fact how I feel or have felt there's a big chance she felt them too. I am 28 and she is 90 and I realized in many ways I am just like her. We really aren't that different. Two people doing their very best to find out who they are and where they fit in this world...she just has more knowledge lessons and exerpiences. I have much to learn from her and the life she lives...I thank you for your endless love, your countless prayers, your never ending faith in God, life, family and even me. I am more because of having you in my life. I am a better person for having your love all these years. And I promise I will do the best I can to be the person who you would be proud to call your grand daughter. I love you grandma! Happy 90th Birthday!

No comments: